Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
New Mexico Legal Aid LITC
Information for Taxpayers:
- The importance of using a qualified tax preparer
- Dangers of tax refund anticipation loans or advances
- Three pieces of advice about tax season
- Questions to ask your tax preparer
- Some forms to bring to your tax preparer
- More important information to bring to your tax preparer
- How and why to carefully review your tax returns before signing
- What to take with you when you leave the preparer’s office
- How to find free tax preparation services
- What if you receive an unexpected tax bill?
- Special income tax credits
- When to expect your refund
- What to consider when you get your refund.
Please Note: The Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at NMLA does not generally provide tax return preparation services.
If you need tax preparation assistance please contact the following: